Having a toddler provides one with a great opportunity to take a walk on the wild side down memory lane. Recently, D and I have been meandering along Sesame Street. To my delight, I've rediscovered some of my favorite Sesame Street songs from childhood. My Martian Cutie has to be my all-time favorite, with The Ladybugs' Picnic coming in a close second. (Have you ever heard better lyrics?!) Won't you join me in my walk - to where the air is sweet - and rediscover your own SS favorites? You know you want to!
As long as we're walking down memory lane... I fondly remember making many a cone-shaped, construction-papered May Day basket (or were they made from brown paper bags...or old paper plates?) on this day - May 1st - and feeling giddy from setting them on neighbors' doorsteps and quickly running away. Did anyone ever catch and kiss me?! Does anyone celebrate May Day anymore? Happy May Day, everyone! Go catch and kiss someone you love. Because, really, who's going to go to the trouble of making a basket?


1 comments:
I LOVE Sesame Street!! Olivia (Amanda's baby) and I watch it all the time! I love the 2 mentioned, and also the Alligator King. We have some videos--one with James Taylor that's great...also, Ernie and his rubber ducky. Good stuff!
So, I'm so sad that Carlie's not into May Day baskets any more...we used to do them when she was younger. Now she just wants the loot!
Post a Comment