Friday, May 8, 2009

A Rocket and Nose Story

I have a funny story to share. A story involving a rocket and a nose. Yes, that's right. A rocket and a nose. Wondering how those two things fit together? Let's take a peek inside D's mind. Here's the story.

Once upon a time, a couple of weekends ago, Denis attended a birthday party for three friends. At the end of the party he was given a goody bag. In the goody bag, he found this great toy rocket. I'm sure you can picture how this works. You put the rocket on the gray pump thing and squeeze as hard as you can. Even a two-year-old can squeeze the dickens out of this and send the rocket flying. It's a great toy. Even I love it. 


The cats love it too, as you can see from this poor rocket that escaped neither feline teeth nor claws. And you can imagine how that (the cats chasing the rockets around the room) sends Denis into a tailspin. But that's another story for another post.



Let's continue with the original story, shall we? For the past couple of weeks, Denis has had this nasty runny, stuffy, snotty, crusty nose. Poor kid can hardly breathe at night. So, being the good parents that we are, we employ the use of this handy thing. 



I call it the snot-sucker-outer, but I'm sure there's an official name for it. Nose syringe, perhaps? Anyway, as I was saying, we've been using this thing a lot lately. Especially just before bedtime. After each suck of the snot-sucker-outer, I say "oooooh..." and Denis says "aaaaah..." It's cute and gross all at the same time.

Well, the other day, I was changing D's diaper before his nap. As I was taking care of business down there, he was playing with his rocket - shooting the ships all over the bedroom - stopping every so often to wipe the snot from his nose all over his sleeve. (You can see where this is going, can't you?) As I was finishing up the diaper, all rocket activity came to a halt. I glanced up to see why the sudden stillness, and guess what sight I beheld? Yes, Denis was using the rocket pump as a snot-suck nose syringe. Again, cute and gross all at the same time! But pretty darn ingenious. And possibly a bit dangerous. (Don't worry, grandparents, D and I had a little chat about which one goes in the nose - the white one; and who the only people are that can put it in the nose - Mama and Papa.) Anyway, you can see how the similarity caused the confusion...


Moral of the story? Partners in crime are partners in slime.

The end.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Love it! Great story...

jennifer said...

hahahahaha!!