Friday, January 23, 2009

Court Decision - Yes!

Take Two was a success! The court proceedings went much more smoothly today. After a quick yet thorough inspection of the new documents, the judge moved on to the main topic of discussion - Denis. We were asked how we plan to care for him, how we intend to raise him, and what hopes we have for his future. Jon answered questions for over an hour (!) and I only had speak for about 5 minutes. At the end of it all, the judge gave her approval for us to become the new parents of Denis Dmitriy Schatzky! We still have the 10-day waiting period (a legal formality in case someone wants to appeal her decision) before it's official. We'll find out soon when we can bring Denis 'home' from the orphanage. We're off to celebrate!


Heading to court


Last-minute preparations in the court room


Coming out of the courthouse


A celebratory lunch!

19 comments:

Michelle said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy to hear that things went well and that Denis will be home with you soon. :)

Julie said...

YIPEE! Congratulations Mom and Dad!

Monica said...

Congratulations, indeed! Welcome to the family Denis Dmitriy Schatzky.

xo,
Monica

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I'm an Aunt..you're Mum and Dad..congrats! We are so thrilled for you and can really hardly wait to meet Denis!!!! and give you guys a huge hug! love ReBecca and Mike xoxo

Anonymous said...

HOORAY!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh wonderful, wonderful day! Congratulations! I am so happy for both of you.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! That's great news. We're looking forward to meeting Denis. - Paul and Paula from NYC

Terie and Kelani said...

Thank goodness!!! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

What a day!! We are so very happy for you all...you're well on your way and we could not be happier!! We seriously can not wait to meet him!!!!!!!
All our love,
Steph

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! We are so happy for you, Mom and Dad! I'm so relieved that it went well. Can't wait to meet that cutie.

Unknown said...

Fantastic news Jon and Celia! The Bradleys are delighted for you and look forward to meeting Denis when we are all in Asia. Feliciationes y abrazos :)

Anonymous said...

TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!
I'm sooo happy for you both... and for Denis too!!
~deb (from yahoo)

K. Welbes said...

YES!

Joy Thomas said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! It's finally happened. I look forward to seeing you come home as a family instead of a couple.

Christine said...

Hip Hip Hooray - you are now a family!
Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What wonderful news! Hopefully Denis will be here soon! Looking forward to meeting him in the summer!
Love Danielle & Chris

Rhonda Carrier said...

Hurray from us also. (OK, so I'm tearing again, but I do every time I look at your blog! It brings back so many memories of the tension and joy in the process.) Love to you all.

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic news! I was almost scared to read today, as I was still shocked from the last court appearance. The story is just beginning. yeah!!!!
lots of love, g

PuppoPerfumo said...

Awesome!!!! I am so exited for you. You deserved and Denis could not get a better family. Reciban un fuerte abrazos desde Peru. =)
Ah! I loved the cock-of-the-rock and the tucan in his bedroom =)