http://en.chinagate.com.cn/photos/2008-12/28/content_17020731.htm
Merry Christmas again! Today is Christmas in Russia (January 7th corresponds to December 25th on the Julian calendar). I wonder what D is doing today. Is the orphanage having a celebration? Did Father Frost and the Snow Maiden (pictured above in St. Petersburg) come for a visit? Or did they come on New Years? It seems I read somewhere that New Years is the bigger holiday. I'll have to read up on Christmas in Russia for next year. It'll be fun to try to incorporate some Russian traditions into our holiday celebrations from here on out.
Don't you love the picture of Father Frost and the Snow Maiden arriving by helicopter? Who needs reindeer?!




1 comments:
Excitement! Excitement! Excitement! I could feel it all the way over here!
I hope everything goes to plan and look forward to seeing the family later in the year.
Good luck and best wishes.
Post a Comment