One good thing about having to wait for a referral is having more time to decide on a name. Top names this week (for me anyway) are...
and...
Nikolai is a great Russian name. According to one source, it's also Polish and Estonian...bringing us back to the Baltics yet again. We could easily shorten Nikolai to Nick - or Niko, which I love. Either would be easy to pronounce in any culture. (The Russian nickname for Nikolai is Kolya, another great name, but not one that would come naturally to us.) Don't ask me why I like the name Finnegan, but I do. Must be the Irish in me! And isn't the name Finn oh-so-cool? But, as you can see, we'd have to buy another set of fridge magnets - or at the very least an extra 'N' - so little Finn could learn to spell his whole name properly. For those of you with nothing better to do, take the poll off to the right!




3 comments:
I can't choose... I want to vote, but I LOVE them both... Should I vote one for each and let them cancel each other out or don't vote at all?
Just for clarification: I'm talking about Nicolai and Finnegan (not Hee Haw) - I'm really glad this doesn't post my last name sometimes!
Better vote for both - otherwise that husband of yours will think Hee Haw stands a chance! ;)
Can we have some more choices? Nikolai sounds too much like (I don't know how to spell it) eccoli?? and Finnegan sounds like something from a musical. Of course if you pick one of those two and there is a face to go with it, then I will like the name. I have had a student named Nikolai, nice kid.
Post a Comment