The Christmas calendar is up and we've started the countdown. For the last week or so, the boys and I have been busy with all sorts of merry-making activities - decorating, baking, eating, drinking. Denis loves showing Dima how we 'do' Christmas at our house (we're counting this as Dima's first real Christmas since last year was a blur - albeit a happy blur!), and Dima has been walking around the house - and school and Rokko Island - exclaiming, "kiss-mas!" whenever he sees something festive. Fa la la la la...!
Day 1 had the following clues hidden inside: a tree puzzle, some marshmallows, and pictures of some of our favorite holiday books.
Dima got to pull out the goodies, and Denis was in charge of finding the books.
The books for Day 1:
I couldn't resist LEGO's Advent calendar, so I threw one of those into the mix this year for a certain LEGO-crazy 5-yr-old that I know and love. I'm not sure it's worth the money, but can you really put a price tag on imagination? Look at that face!
D & D then joined forces on the puzzle...
...which in itself was a clue for the real thing (well, an artificial version of the real thing, but no matter!).
By this point we had to recharge with some hot cocoa. Big D loved showing Little D what you do with those little pill cases full of marshmallows!
Day 1 ended with a trip up to the attic (much like the one in the book above!) to retrieve our own Christmas ornaments.
























3 comments:
Mar said...
Yum, yum - all those cookies look.... DELICIOUS!I can smell them from way over here!
Denis and Dima's faces tell me how happy and excited they are that Christmas is coming soon!Such lovely traditions you've started...
i bought one of those lego advent calendars for andrew when we were still dating i think - long before harry's arrival at any rate.
and i love dima's hair!!
Do any of us ever really outgrow LEGO? Buy Andrew another one! ;)
Post a Comment