Considering the rushed start we had to the morning (with not a moment to spare before both of our flights), we ended up having a smooth trip to Moscow yesterday. We arrived last night just before dinner, and then fell into our beds. We're all feeling quite well this morning after 9 hours of sleep and a nice, big breakfast. The boys are swimming in the hotel pool, and I'm trying to get my act together here on the blog... I may have to restrict access to invited readers only again until we pass court, even though I don't particularly like that set-up. I'll let you know soon.
We're being picked up at 11:00 today for our 8-doctor medical exam. Our rep here asked us yesterday if we had everything, including our chest X-rays. "You mean the results of our chest X-rays? Yes, we have those." "No, I mean the actual X-rays." So, we have a feeling that Detour Number One - going somewhere for another round of chest X-rays (our third in three months!) - is coming our way this morning. Doubt it will be the last detour.
This evening we fly to Kaliningrad, where we'll spend the next three weeks. We're excited to meet Granny and Tom there, who will be arriving from St. Petersburg today. They'll be staying at the Hotel Moscow, where we've stayed in the past and which is just a block or two away from the apartment where we'll be staying. And guess which cafe is right in the middle?! More on that later...!
We'll be visiting Little D the next three days before court on Monday. I wonder how much he's changed in three months?
Big D and I at dinner last night - looking more awake than either of us felt.



6 comments:
Yay! Glad you made it there safely. We've been thinking about you. Can't wait to see pics of DOUBLE D!
Yay! Thanks for posting. Is Denis excited to see Kaliningrad? How is the weather? You look a little more bundled than you were here.
I will be on the Senior Trip soon, but I look forward to following your visit along the way.
I cannot wait to see the 2 of them together!
Happy to see you've arrived safely. Can't wait to hear about Denis' first visit to Kaliningrad. And, as the others have said, I'm so looking forward to seeing Denis with his little brother!
xo,
Monica
So good to know you've gotten that far and will soon have the medical exams out of the way - even if you need more x-rays!
Take care,
Christine
I hope all goes smoothly! We will be thinking of you all!
Post a Comment