Today we had a school-wide assembly in order to welcome volleyball teams from China, Korea, and Japan that are gathering at CA for an APAC tournament. Each elementary class in the school was 'assigned' a team to root for for the duration of the tournament. Denis's class was assigned the Tigers from Western Academy of Beijing. After school, Denis and I had a brief conversation about the day's events:
Me: "Wasn't that a nice ceremony this morning? There were so many teams there! Did your class go back to the gym later to watch a volleyball game?"
Denis: "Yeah. We went to the big gym. But do you know what?"
Me: "What?"
Denis: "Tigers weren't playing volleyball. People were!"
How wonderful it must be to be three, when anything is still possible.



3 comments:
Ha! I love it... and that he was really thinking there were going to be tigers running around:p
Lovely story! Reminds me of when I went to buy a Christmas tree with my daughter Kate, then 3 years old. We picked a real beauty, drove it home, and she burst into tears. "Daddy, you said we were going to buy a Christmas tree. This is just a tree." She felt better once we decorated it!
David S. Toronto
Tim and I cracked up. Kids are so wonderful for bringing smiles and laughter into our lives. Poor Denis. Tell him Uncle Tim said he wanted to see Tigers play volleyball, too!
Post a Comment