Lots of celebrating on the weekend.
Friday morning I awoke to, "Happy Birthday, Mama!", a lovely homemade card, and a pouch full of pearls (well done, Papa!). The day continued with work as usual. And the evening found me celebrating with a few friends. Second to hearing Denis's wake-up call, the favorite part of my birthday was the group effort it took to frost my cake!
Saturday I hosted a Cookies & Cocktails party. A traditional Christmas cookie exchange with a twist - mulled wine! Twenty-five friends and I sipped and sampled the night away before we exchanged our sweet treats. My attempt to capture the evening in pictures failed. But here are a few shots to give you an idea. (Note to self: must learn how to take pictures in low lighting.)
My blurry friends
The beautiful cookies
What a shame this picture didn't turn out. There were definitely some works of art on the table!
A Christmas story
Jon and Denis crashed the party just before someone's bed time. After getting hyped up on a few cookies, Denis shared one of his Christmas stories with a lucky friend!








1 comments:
Happy belated Birthday Celia!
I hope the year goes well with all in the family!
Post a Comment