Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Love of a Good Book

Is there anything better than finding yourself completely absorbed by a delightful story, one you simply can't put down? A story whose characters you come to love, even the ones you aren't necessarily rooting for? A story that is light and airy, yet incredibly well written, and centers around love (and birds!) and the goodness of people? I have just read such a story. A Guide to the Birds of East Africa by Nicholas Drayson. Read it. It will make you giggle out loud. It will make you want to take a chance on something...or someone. It will make you feel good.

Thanks for the suggestion, Jana!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I might have to check it out...I forgot to tell you--I did read I Capture the Castle, and LOVED it! I'm sucked into Gail's "Sookie Stackhouse" books right now, though...

Terie and Kelani said...

I ordered it for my mom, based on your suggestion. There is a second job for you out there...