The weekend continued with a slightly larger affair. I'll spare you the individual numbers this time (mostly because I couldn't have kept track if I wanted to!), and jump right in by telling you that a good 135-150 people attended the party on Sunday. And, yes, name tags were worn. The occasion? My parents' 50th wedding anniversary party. Fifty years! Definitely cause for celebration. (Their actual anniversary is in October, but who wants to travel to the Midwest in October?)
My parents' big back yard was the venue. With the meat smoker out front, the horseshoe pit out back, and the port-a-potty in the garden (a creative attempt at fertilizing?, I'm now wondering), it was the perfect venue. Plenty of space for people to mill about and mingle. Highlights of the party included the re-creation of my parents' original wedding cake, the saucy stories(!) shared by my mom's long-time friend Katie Kelly, the musical performances (including an impromptu performance by Denis!), and being surrounded by family, friends, and neighbors.
Congratulations, Mom & Dad! You look as wonderful as you did 50 years ago!




0 comments:
Post a Comment