Monday, June 29, 2009

There Is No Place Like Nebraska

...so the song goes. And I think Denis would agree. Within the first couple of days at my parents' place, D managed to:

drive the lawn mower with Grandpa

explore the big back yard with Grandma

giddy-up on the neighbor's horse

play the piano

water the bushes


cool off in the pool

feed the llamas at the zoo


smile for the camera!

I know it really isn't June 29, as this post says. It's July 15. Our time in Nebraska has come and gone, and somehow I did not find the time to sit down and write one blog entry the entire time we were there. But woe is not me! We had a wonderfully busy time, and Denis loved the craziness of my large family. We're now in Canada, and since there aren't any fences to be built, garages to be sided, or gardens to be weeded (!), I plan to get caught up on my posts so Denis can one day read about his introduction to the Midwest. Because really, there is no place like Nebraska. ;)

1 comments:

Terie and Kelani said...

St. Clair's may not agree after driving 10 hours through Nebraska on their way to Colorado. Although, your place looks like heaven compared to the I-80 version.