We've been home a week! Feels much longer than that. Denis is making huge progress. He can point to a couple of things in a book (banana, apple) and will go get a few things that you ask him to (his slippers, his shoes). His English vocabulary includes up, down, all done, quack!quack!, and owl. He repeated the words yellow and blue today, but I don't think he knows what they mean yet. He is CRAZY about bath time now. He throws a fit when it's time to get out and he asks me to open the bathroom door all day. I think that's what you call a 180°! He's still eating well - tuna casserole and blueberry yogurt for lunch today and tonight he ate some pieces of pork tenderloin, sweet potatoes, and applesauce. We went to our first play group this morning. D knew how to sit in the circle and listen to the songs, and he did a nice job sharing toys with the other kids. But when it came time to make musical shakers out of popcorn and paper plates, he thought it was snack time and wanted to eat the kernels of popcorn!
Below are a few pictures of Little D discovering all kinds of new things - cars, horses, the telephone, and Play-Doh. Ahh, to be a toddler!
Below are a few pictures of Little D discovering all kinds of new things - cars, horses, the telephone, and Play-Doh. Ahh, to be a toddler!






4 comments:
ha that is so funny with the popcorn.. know it's normal.. with my toddler class we made fruit loop necklaces and they were gone by the time the parents came to pick up. xoxReB
Too cute!! I'm so glad things are going so smooth for you guys...it's a wonderful life! I was talking to Kim the other day and we want you to consider letting us host a get together for you when you guys are in this area...we can have it at our house..we can swim, play games, grill out...whatever....intive everyone you want...I just wanted you to start thinking about it....talk to you soon!
Are you just having a ball or what? How fun to introduce all of these neat, new experiences to him!! It's making me wish I'd gotten a boy...although I have had a great time with my girly girl--too bad she's becoming a tween these days :) You do realize that you're going to have to continue this blog until Denis goes to college, right? I'm loving it!
Do think about a get together when you guys are back...maybe Paula and Gail could make it along with all your family and other friends.
Glad it's going so well!
I think I'm the only one on Rokko Island who has yet to have a Denis sighting ... *sigh*
Hopefully you guys will join us on our trip mountainside this weekend!
Mel.
Post a Comment