Saturday, February 14, 2009

Home Sweet Home

We're home! We arrived Thursday afternoon and are trying to get our feet back on the ground. We're all a bit jet-lagged, but hopefully we'll be on Kobe time in a couple more days. Denis is adjusting well. He seems to like his new home (including his very own room!) and he can hardly believe that there are real live "meow-meows" in his house. I must say that both parties - kitties and kiddo - are handling the changes well. They seem to have a healthy curiosity/wariness of each other. But I'm sure there will be battle scars...just not sure who will wear them!

I took Denis up to school at the end of the day on Friday to see his Papa and his huge fan club. Everyone was excited to meet our little Russian, and D handled all the attention quite well. He loved the school and was fascinated by all the kids. He met several new friends and even had his first pizza party with Riley, Tess, and Suzy. He loved playing with all the girls! We had spring-like weather today, so we took advantage of the warm temps by playing in the courtyard, having lunch down at the River Mall, and taking D for his first bike ride.

I'll try to post some more pictures soon. My laptop's experiencing some technical difficulties at the moment (grrrrr!). Stay tuned...

Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day you guys! Denis..will you be mine? xoxoReB