Thursday, November 6, 2008

Kaliningrad Bound

We're packed and ready to go! Amazingly enough, we've managed to fit everything we need - including toys, books, and snacks for the little guy  - into just our carry-on luggage. No checked bags for us!

Our trip officially begins tomorrow. We fly to Tokyo tomorrow evening and will overnight there. Our flight from Tokyo leaves around mid-day on Saturday and puts us into Moscow around 5:30PM local time. Another overnight. We fly to Kaliningrad early Sunday morning, and FTIA's rep Yuri will pick us up from the airport. After that, we have no idea what the order of events is. I don't imagine we'll go to the orphanage until Monday morning. Perhaps we'll get to explore a bit of K'grad on Sunday afternoon. 

We hope to get online every night - or as often as possible - to post pictures/news of the day's events. We've been given the go ahead to post photos of Our Little Guy once we're in the region. So, check back often.

It's hard to believe we're finally at this stage in the process. We're going to Russia! We're adopting that little boy! That sweet little boy whose smile is going to melt my heart. That sweet little boy who's waited a long time for a Mama and Papa. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That made me cry. I'm so happy for you guys...can't wait to see pictures! Have a safe trip!

Julie said...

I'm all weepy too... Have an amazing, amazing trip (and post often - I'll be checking daily, err, probably hourly!
xoxoxo
JJM

Terie and Kelani said...

I am not going to sleep much in the upcoming days! Remember the songs that come to mind during the trip. My oh my...good luck!
love,
T and K
PS is Jon going to call him carrot head like he does Kelani?

K. Welbes said...

Me too! Weepy, yes. And oh so excited for everyone.