Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Obama Wins!



Finally, a president to be proud of! Like most Americans, I was glued to the news all day today as the results came in from the voting polls. I cheered each time a state turned blue and another electoral vote went his way. This is the first time I've ever felt passionate about an election, and I couldn't be happier with this history-making Obama win! What an inspiration he is! It's amazing what he's already done for the morale of the country - and he hasn't even made it to the Oval Office yet. He certainly has his work cut out for him with our economy, health care system, and world relations in the shape they're in...and I look forward to watching him lead us to better days.

Here's a re-cap of the results as they came in:






All graphics from CNN.com

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hadn't gotten a chance to talk with you about this...Tony and I have been huge political junkies the last several months. Can you believe it? Obama won in Lancaster County!! Actually, I attended the first NE caucus ever, and have been a huge Obama supporter from the beginning. Tony is ecstatic--he's passionate about politics, and predicted it 4 years ago when he watched a little known guy from Chicago speak at the '04 Democratic convention. I've been so excited for Carlie to watch history in the making--we've elected a remarkable person...it's exciting to watch the reaction of the rest of the world!

By the way, have a great trip--can't wait to hear about your little man and see pictures.