Thursday, November 13, 2008

Opa!

My new favorite word. “Opa!” We had our best visit yet today. Denis was very talkative, giggly, and full of energy. It was great to hear him chattering away and to watch him get up and move around the playroom. He would carefully mimic the things we did and then try a few tricks of his own. His interactions with us seem to have a little more umph! to them each day.

We captured some great moments on video today - as well as a smear of Cheerio that was stuck to Denis’s face all afternoon. If you’ve glanced below, you’ve seen that this post is video-heavy. Have we already become those parents – the ones who make you flip through all their photo albums and watch all their home videos?! I’ll pretend we haven’t. There’s some pretty cute footage here - I think you’ll enjoy it. And none of the clips is much more than a minute long.

Tomorrow is our last visit with Denis until Dec-Jan, whenever our court date is. It’s going to be hard leaving here without him. Will he notice when we don’t show up on Saturday or Sunday? Will he forget us by Monday? I wonder how many times he's had to watch people come and go in his short life. I wonder what goes on in the mind of a 19-month old...

6 comments:

Rhonda Carrier said...

Wow. He is so coordinated. (and so is Denis!)

K. Welbes said...

I want more of the ball kicking video. I don't know who was more cute - Jon or Denis.

PuppoPerfumo said...

HE IS SUCH A CUTIE!
This is amazing! I am so happy for you guys.

Anonymous said...

I love his laugh!!! Thanks sharing...he will be with you guys soon!

Anonymous said...

Denis already has quite the fan club...Carlie thinks he's adorable! I too, have been anxious to get new footage each day! I have to tell you, I'm really impressed with the toys and environment there--very developmentally appropriate...it speaks volumes; leaving him will be so hard, but I'm glad to see that he's being well cared for. Suppose you could extend your trip by 6 weeks??

Unknown said...

I love the pics - and it is strange but he really looks like you and Jon! I am sooo happy for you both!!!