It's a beautiful Sunday morning here. The cats and the herbs are soaking up the sun, and I'm sipping a frothy latte, my end-of-week treat, as I consider my options for the rest of the day. A bike ride? A walk around the green belt? Maybe - just maybe - I could convince Jon to go on a picnic. The joys of the weekend are many - from lattes to lazy mornings to late-night movies - but my favorite is spending time on the terrace. It's here that I know the weekend has begun. Time slows to a most-welcome crawl out here, and finally, I find time to do all the things that get pushed aside during the work week. Flipping through cookbooks... Repotting plants... Enjoying a slow cup o' joe... And, somehow, everything seems better on the terrace - my coffee tastes creamier, the croissants feel flakier, and the weekend wishes it could go on forever.
I'll still have time for the terrace after the little guy comes home, right? Right?!






3 comments:
Enjoy it now, sister... You'll have to bribe Jon to take Junior out for a bike ride on Sunday mornings, so you can enjoy your solitude.
I've got it, buy John a kid's seat for his bike for Christmas!
Baby happy, Mommy happy... That's all that matters, isn't it?
Hmmm...Sunday morning solitude or bike ride with hubby and baby? I'm conflicted already! ;)
The bike rides are fun! Keep your eyes out for a helmet...it will spend a lot of time in your back as Vladimir will fall asleep quickly.
Post a Comment