We came home to more good news from Kaliningrad. Another FTIA family was registered in the region, which now makes two of us. The Ministry of Education in K'grad said that it won't register any more dossiers from our agency until one of the two waiting families receives and accepts a referral (typical practice, I think, in this small region). They also said that the estimated timeframe from registration to referral is 3-6 months, with the second trip taking place 1.5-2 months after that. This is great news! We were registered at the end of June, and at that time there was no clear indication of how long we should expect to wait. According to this new information, and if all goes well, we **might** have a referral by Christmas.
(As I write this, at a very jet-lagged 4:00 AM, guess who is snuggled up on my lap?)


1 comments:
I don't really get all of the fancy lingo you're using - "K'Grad and FTIA" but you seem excited about it, so I am too!
Congrats!
Post a Comment