Saturday, January 12, 2013

Christmas Clips

Below are a few clips from our Christmas celebrations. The boys love watching themselves and reliving the holiday moments, but there's no pressure for anyone else to watch!

Clip 1: In which Denis lights the schwibbogen (thanks for the word, Mar!), and in which Dima is jealous.



Clip 2:  In which the boys discover what Santa left under the tree. Speaking of under the tree, it seems as though there were a lot of presents under there. But Santa only left each of us one thing (plus a few family gifts - games and puzzles), and we all got each other one thing. But somehow the whole pile looks like a proper bounty! Some of the other presents are from relatives, and I guess it all adds up. We try not to put too much emphasis on the gifts (more the gift-giving), but for kids, let's be honest, it's all about the gift-getting! 



Clip 3:  In which the boys discover what Santa stuffed in their stockings.


Clip 4:  In which we exchange gifts with one another. In an effort to try to put the focus on what we were giving to each other (rather than what we were getting from each other), I made Santa sacks this year. We each filled our sacks with one gift for everyone else, and made a point to watch everyone open what they received. I'm sure the message was lost on the boys, but I suppose it doesn't hurt to try!

0 comments: