So I turned 40 the other day. And it wasn't so bad. Who can complain about a day that starts with a friend delivering a "40 Sucks" birthday cake (40 cake balls that look like lollipops, hence the 40 sucks - get it?) just in time for your morning coffee? Thanks, Julie!
...or about a day that continues with a lovely gift from your husband that has not only pictures of your two very favorite boys inside, but also the words to your very favorite Fleetwood Mac song (and wedding song) engraved inside? Who knew he was so romantic?!
...or about a day that ends with a Kobe beef dinner, during which your friends humiliate themselves by singing Celia-esque song lyrics to you in front of perfect strangers and restaurant staff before you even get to the karaoke place? (Sorry, I've sworn to never post photos or footage of this part of the evening!)
So, 40 isn't so bad. Thanks for all the good wishes, everyone!





5 comments:
very nice! congrats and welcome to the 40's- they are not too bad, the body just starts to complain a little.
Wow! Who knew Jon had that in him? That is the most thoughtful gift I've ever seen. Are you sure you didn't leave a circled page in a magazine or forward him an etsy webpage?!
-g
What a sweet gift...I think he could give lessons to someone I know! Everytime I hear that song, I think of 2 things...first, your gorgeous wedding, and second the first time I heard it (riding in a big Ford LTD)!
Glad you had a great day!
Kim
Sounds like you had a great birthday! What a wonderful way to celebrate the Big 4-0!
So beautiful, Celia! Wow, I am impressed with Schatzky's romantic gesture. What an amazing gift. Just showed it to Andy so he could get some inspiration for future gift-giving! = ) Denis is absolutely adorable. Checking out your blog now. Well done!
Post a Comment