Friday, June 11, 2010

Last Day of School = Root Beer Floats


The last day of school is always a strange day for me. The ever-building anticipation of summer holidays and the hectic rush to get everything done, somehow, without fail, come crashing to an anti-climactic halt for the first few hours of freedom. I tend to walk out of school with all this energy, not quite knowing what to do or how best to kick-start the summer. So, today I decided that we needed a new tradition for the last day of school. Something to mark the occasion. From here on out, the Root Beer Float - that quintessential treat of summer - will be how we'll celebrate our last day of school. When I told Denis that I used to love root beer floats when I was a little girl, he said, "Me too. When I was a Mama, I loved root beer floats." "Really? You did? What's in a root beer float?" "Um, I don't remember." Ha! His response after his very first float? "Mmmm, it's sour!"

0 comments: