My dad guessed it! "I bet you're buying one of those vehicles you can sleep in and drive around in and see the country in..." I think he may have pictured a full-size luxury RV, but still, he came the closest. Way to go, Dad! (A c-o-t-t-a-g-e, a cat, a car, and another baby(!) were the other guesses.)
So, yes, we're in the process of purchasing a 1997 VW EuroVan camper! I say 'in the process' because it won't officially be ours until we're back in North America this summer - when we can transfer the title and get it registered. However, we've mailed off our down payment and purchased four new tires... so it feels pretty official.
How did this come about? Interesting question. For the last few weeks, Jon and I have been trying to decide how to spend our summer holidays. We've known for months that the first part of our summer would be spent in Ireland and Switzerland with our families. But after that, we weren't sure what to do. A tough dilemma, I know! We proposed everything from renting an apartment on the Riviera to hiking in Hokkaido (northern Japan). But ultimately, we couldn't decide (agree?) on anything. The turning point came about with this conversation:
C: "OK, how about this? Let's go back to North America and split the last 4 weeks of our holiday. I get to plan what we do for two weeks, and you get to plan the other two weeks."
J: "Deal! I'm buying a camper van."
C: "I'm sorry, what was that, honey? I could have sworn you said..."
J: "Trust me...You're gonna love it!"
And so I do. And so I will. Who wouldn't love this:



1 comments:
Excellent! If you come to Colorado, we will let you sleep inside the house.
Post a Comment