Thursday, October 22, 2009

Typhoons and rainstorms and flu! Oh, My!

Philippines or bust! That's the new mantra at our house. Is it too much to ask that 3 healthy Schatzkys and 3 healthy Lemleys board that Thai Airways plane on Saturday morning and touch down in Tagbilaran on Saturday afternoon? And that the typhoon that's been lurking around the Phillipines blows back out to sea? And that the rainstorms predicted for the week won't be as bad as the weatherman says they'll be?

The cards do seem to be stacked against us at the moment. I'm ok with a holiday being hard-won, as long as it's won in the end. Perhaps some positive imagery will do the trick. Let's see... I can picture myself...

going for a dip here...

enjoying a massage here...

dining alfresco here...

Yes, I can picture it. Philippines or bust!
(photos from http://www.panglaoisland.com/)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

mar said...
keeping my fingers crossed that you'll all be on that Thai flight!The resort looks fabulous - here's to a well-deserved holiday!
Bon Voyage!