Update 2: We survived! The winds came whipping in a little after 11:00 last night and stopped sometime after 4:30 (the last time I looked at the clock). By the time we woke up at 6:30, it was over. Denis slept through the whole thing. Jon and I and the cats, not so much. But then, I've always loved a good storm. I kept hopping up to look out the window! Now then, what should we do with our day off?
Batten down the hatches! A typhoon is headed our way. Kobe, the little red star, is about as close to a direct hit as you can get... We're enjoying the calm before the storm, at the moment, expecting that the weather will turn quite nasty this evening with the worst of it hitting tomorrow morning. We'll keep you posted.
Update 1: school's been called off for tomorrow. Perhaps I should be a bit more concerned about the actual storm that's headed our way, but all I can think of is how much this feels like a "snow day" (my only point of reference since I haven't experienced a typhoon before). Nothing quite like an unexpected day off, no matter how old you are! You should have heard the teachers students cheering this afternoon when the headmaster made the announcement just before school was dismissed!
But now it's time to bring everything in from the balcony, fill the bathtub with water, locate the candles and matches... and weather the storm.



2 comments:
Does the typhoon season extend into the Jan - June timeframe???????
No! The skies will be clear by the time you get here, Marilyn! We're excited to have you here! When do you arrive?
Post a Comment