I'm not sure who's to blame for the wanderlust that courses through my veins. But I'm itchin' to travel! Jon and I stayed home over our last big breaks from school - fall break, Christmas break, spring break (woe is me, I know!) - and it's catching up to me. I feel antsy. Of course, we did make two trips to Russia recently, and I certainly haven't forgotten those. They were special trips, to be sure. Experiences of a lifetime. But still...
Nor have I forgotten that we're stopping in Hawaii for a few days on our way back to the States/Canada for our summer vacation. But the main reason for that trip is to get Denis his passport and certificate of citizenship - a business trip, if you will - so we'll be busy at different immigration offices. However, don't feel too badly for me! There's bound to be some down time spent on the beach and at the pool, and maybe I'll even be able to sip a tropical cocktail or two as I watch the Hawaiian sun go down. But still...
And then there are our trips home to see friends and family over the summer. I can't tell you how important those trips are to us. The familiarity, the sense of rootedness, the sights and sounds and smells from childhood - these things sustain us in a way that's hard to describe. These trips allow us to keep living so far away. But still...
What I'm missing is a real holiday. Some of that ever elusive R&R. A few carefree days to do whatever I please. Some Celia Time, if you will. I've got something up my sleeve, but I'll wait until the last few pieces fall into place before I say any more. Intrigued, aren't you?


2 comments:
I am certainly intrigued and very jealous! Sarah
Celia time... I'm thinking birding, cooking or quilting, with a glass or two of wine thrown in... I'm also curious... hmmmmmmmmm...
Post a Comment