Friday, July 25, 2008

We Be Jammin'

Margaret is the queen of raspberry jam. In just a few hours today, she made 31 jars of her red yummy goodness. Add those to the 12 jars she has stashed away in the basement, and I think we've got a new song in there somewhere. "Forty-three jars of jam on the wall... forty-three jars of jam..." Without a doubt, it's one of her trademarks (along with her chocolate cake and her cheesies) and one of the flavors I look forward to savoring each summer. I was lucky enough to get in on the action for the last batch, and now I'm determined to start making my own raspberry jam when I return to Kobe. I won't reveal any secret family recipes here, but I will say that I plan on jamming (ha!) a few packets of Certo Liquid Pectin into my suitcase before we leave.



0 comments: