School's out! Summer's here! As I start packing my bags, I find myself mumbling a mantra: at the cottage. Are these words music to everyone's ears, or just mine? Without a doubt, it's my favorite summer phrase. My favorite summer days. While Jon and I don't have a cottage of our own - yet - we spend a great deal of time each summer at other people's cottages, catching up with various family members and friends. Here's the line-up of cottages in which we plan to kick back this summer...
In-the-Country Cottage (a.k.a. the Quilting, Cooking, Bocce-out-the-Back Cottage)
At-the-Canyon Cottage (a.k.a. the Boating, Beading, Listening-to-Lyle Cottage...in its diamond-in-the-rough recently-relocated splendor)
By-the-Lake Cottage (a.k.a. the Scrabble-playing, Bower-laying (Euchre!), Canoeing-with-the-Loons Cottage)
And some favorite 'cottages' of summers past include the Idaho, the Heidi-ho, the Cubby Hole, and the Eureka!.
THIS is the stuff summers are made of!











0 comments:
Post a Comment